Thursday 10 May 2012

Flutterby Moments

I took the opportunity today to try out my Kanban Butterfly stamps which I'd purchased some time ago, along with some butterfly glittered acetate.  They really are lovely stamps and very versatile. The set consists of the main butterfly/script stamp, together with an additional three individual butterfly stamps.

For this project I stamped the main stamp onto lavender pearlised card, using black archival ink.  I also stamped the individual butterflies onto the same card.  I then cut out the individual butterflies to use as embellishments on the card.

The main image was mat and layered onto black glittered cardstock and purple pearlised card.  This is the first time I've used acetate, but it seemed to work quite well. I used a Kanban card blank and then folded the acetate sheet in half and placed this over the card.

To finish the card I added some ribbon and pearl embellishments, then placed the main image on top of the ribbon using double sided tape.  The individual butterflies were added to the card last of all, using foam pads to give the card some dimension.

Once again the insert was made using Pink Petticoat's 'Elegance' digital paper, printed in lavender, which complemented the acetate perfectly.

Here's the finished card. Hope you like it, and thanks for stopping by!


"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." ~ Maya Angelou




No comments:

Post a Comment